Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Valentine Shaker Ornament



Recently, HM Ben Franklin Crafts has begun carrying new lines of clear stamps including one called, My Besties.  I love the wistful, ' Margaret Keane' eyes on these stamps so I bought all three of the Valentine series. I had planned to make a heart-shaped shaker card but after using the Little B dies to cut out two large hearts from Crate Paper printed cardstock, I decided to make a shaker hanging ornament instead.  I used the small heart die to cut the opening in the front heart and backed the opening with acetate.  I cut another matching piece from a thin foam sheet and glued it to the back of the front piece.  After filling the foam heart cavity with heart confetti and sequins (from BFC), I put  a line of glue around the small heart and sealed the confetti/sequins with another large die cut heart.  (The back of the printed cardstock has the typed words so you only need one 12x12 sheet to make both ornaments.)

The Copic colored Bestie image was affixed to the piece with foam squares, then lace (plus a Heiko ribbon loop) was added before the edges were sealed with Beacon 3 in 1 glue. To finish the back of the ornament I added some paper leaves and flowers (from Lupicia tea shop). I left one of the backs blank to write a Valentine message and the other has a mini calendar....yup, still got a 'few' more....*wink-wink* to give away. I hope that you will check out the new stamps arriving currently at HM Ben Franklin Crafts.....betcha can't get just one!

5 comments:

Annette Allen said...

aww the cutest shaker ever.. I love this.. and that little image is perfect.. great coloring

Cami said...

ADORABLE!!! Oh Lynn, this is just TOO cute! And pretty! I want to CASE this! I've been working on shaker cards and this is by far the loveliest creation with a calendar on top of that!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ohhh Lynn, your shaker heart ornament is a "winna." Sweet, sweet image too. Your heart calendar is so pretty. Love 'em both.

Leanne said...

Oh how cool!! I saw the booth of these stamps at CHA and fell in love with all the pretty projects and shabby chic displays. Your projects would totally fit in perfectly. This is a really sweet project Lynn. Another great idea to use up my calendars. TY!!

eva said...

cute heart shaker and i love that doily. think i'll be making a trip to bfc tomorrow to see what's new.