Thursday, February 12, 2015

Love Notepad

 Way before Valentine's Day I purchased some Dear Lizzy items from HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  I put them aside and then 'found' them under other supplies.  Although they were intended for V-day, I thought they would still be appropriate for other occasions.  When I found the Dear Lizzy supplies, I also came across some Sierra Pacific blank notepads with magnetic closures....such a messy desk! It was so simple to cover the kraft paper notepad with DP in a dictionary print and glue on the die cut (Dear Lizzy set) 'love' and envelope. An epoxy heart and Dear Lizzy button were added for embellishments.
Of course I had to add an 'extra' calendar to the inside.  For the back I was inspired by the craft gods to attach one of the Dear Lizzy vellum pockets...it fit perfectly!
 The whole pocket existed exactly as shown and has room on the card enclosure to write reminders. It might be appropriate to tuck a gift card or cash into the pocket if this notepad will be a present.
The Dear Lizzy pocket set has several very charming colored vellum pockets.  I really love the die set too, because it not only has the 'love' and envelope dies but contains a sweet scallop rectangle, bow, hearts, and a feather. I think this project turned out surprisingly well considering that it was done with 'finds' from my desk.  I guess the 'craft gods' were being exceptionally helpful to this messy crafter....thank you!  I had fun creating this simple notepad for love notes.

5 comments:

Annette Allen said...

so totally creative.. what happy projects.. thanks for the inspiration

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Love how you decorated the notepad Lynn. It would make a really nice gift. I must call on your "Craft Gods" one day. :-)

eva said...

very creative and of course, love the calendar!

Cheryl said...

Love your calendar notepad Lynn!!! Such a cute line from American Crafts!

Unknown said...

Love the added goodies to your notepad! You've got me eyeing that Dear Lizzy die set now!!