Saturday, October 13, 2007

Friday Night Shopping

Last night I did my weekly Ben Franklin Crafts shopping and as usual I found a bountiful array of craft delights. I thought I had purchased enough Martha Stewart Halloween stuff, but I still bought more because I’ve been watching the Martha Stewart Show (9:00 am on the FOX channel in Hawaii) and I’ve learned more about the products on the show. I decided that I had to have the gothic font clear rubber stamps because I wanted to print some spooky words and I think the font will be useful for other projects as well. The spider punch seemed a bit delicate and I worried that paper would get stuck in it, but I used it on leftover black cardstock and it work very well. I think the punched out spiders will be fun to add to this year’s goodie bags instead of plastic spiders, which may pose a choking hazard. I didn’t notice the flocked insect stickers or the black and white Halloween ribbon tape on my last shopping trip, so I bought both and plan to add them to my mini-album pages to hold down the photos. I liked the double stick Halloween stickers so much because they look great with glitter or flock that I decided to buy the package of double stick insect stickers too. I think they are just what I need to quickly embellish my goodie bag labels. Oh, I saw Martha using the mini skeleton and spider tags on TV and because they were inexpensive, I bought a package to use in my mini matchbook album to add extra journaling space and cuteness. I bought lots more wonderful items and I’ll write about them either here or in the upcoming newsletter. Don’t forget the entries for the tag contest are due Nov.1st ! I finally wrote up the last two Halloween projects and I hope you’ll have fun making them.

Lynn

No comments: