When I have new inks or dye pads, I often test them out on damaged paper. A long time ago I tried the Hero Arts reactive dyes on some old, foxed washi paper. As usual, I let the samples dry and then went on to make the real project. These two cards were made from the test papers I found in my scrap pile. I loved the colors and natural look of the papers. Rather than make some regular sized cards, I thought the dyed pieces would make super slimline cards.
The card bases were made using the Hero Arts Infinity die. ( Align the folded paper just inside the left side of the die.) I used the third largest dye to tear the paper to fit the card. A little water on the edges will make tearing easier and more natural. Pat dry the edges of the wet paper and dry with a heat gun so that the reactive dye won't bleed.
Here is a close up of the Penny Black stamped words. Because I knew that the inked words would bleed on the washi paper, I stamped them on vellum paper that had little glitter sprinkles (not visible in the photo). I used a slow drying ink and heat embossed it with sparkle embossing powder. Double stick tape is virtually invisible under the vellum.
Of course I HAD to make matching envelopes. Using the Whimsy slimline envelope dies made it easy.
Finally, because of my "waste not, want not" motto I turned the leftover paper scraps into tags. I enjoy finding the 'perfect' fibers for the tag ties. The ones I found in my stash were a beautiful match. The tiny Taylored Expressions 'thanks' die cuts also matched the tags and I already had them cut and stored with the die! I am very pleased with these cards perhaps because I enjoy making something from nothing. Crafters always find beauty in their accidental finds. High Five!!!!