Sunday, August 22, 2021

Sunny Days at the Beach Cards

These cards were inspired by by some Hero Arts reactive ink dyed scraps of watercolor paper.  I saw them in my enormous scrap pile just as I was looking at one of my favorite Die-Namiics stamp and die set (from My Favorite Things). It was super simple to stamp, color and die cut the image.  For more interest I decided to add some "sand" by applying some sand colored ink to the card and applying Hero Arts sand embossing powder.  After using a heat gun on the sand, I used my Mysti to align the words and then stamped.  (The Mysti is insurance against misprints as you can re-stamp accurately to get a better image.)
A second Reactive Ink colored scrap paper was used to make a vertical version of the card.  By accident I colored the girl's swimsuit green instead of orange so I added some glitter to add some contrasting sparkle.  Acrylic dots were attached for some salt water 'splash'. These cards were whipped up super fast, used some 'too good to waste' scraps and added to my all-occasion card stash.  YAY for me!!!!

 

4 comments:

eunice said...

Very nice! Really like the pretty shades of blue/lavender on your "too good to waste" dyed scraps... you did a great job of turning them into the prettiest cards... bravo! That sand embossing powder looks so cool... does it leave a sand-like texture as well?

Lynn said...

Yes, the sand embossing powder does have a rough texture if you don't heat it too much and becomes smooth bumps when heated more. This sand embossing powder is one of my favorites.

yyam said...

Awww..these are so cute! I LOVE the sand texture!

Annette Allen said...

Beachy fun... I love how you did the sand.. very creative