Friday, August 6, 2021

Lemonade Mice Card Set in Pouch

I spied a pretty Doodlebug Designs lemonade printed card stock paper at HM Ben Franklin Crafts and was inspired to make a card set using a clear pouch I purchased earlier at Daiso.  I sized the cards to fit a standard note card envelope and five of them fit nicely in the clear lemon pouch.
Here's a look at the whole card and hand dyed (with Hero Arts reactive ink) envelope.  I stamped lemons in the corner of the envelopes to additionally coordinate the set.
These cards were simple to make and colored easily with Copic pens and watercolor pencils. The mice and lemon images were from a Penny Black stamp set.  I made thank you cards for the gift recipient because besides birthday cards I think they are the kind of cards I use most often. 

Daiso has some great clear pouches with cute designs (unicorns, panda bears, seashells, etc.) which would work well as card pouches too. I added a tassel (made from craft twine) to give the pouch a soft touch spot.  If you are like me, you see what can be made even from everyday things for $1.50 from Daiso.  Imagination is the best gift of all!



 

2 comments:

eunice said...

Awww... your Penny Black mice thank you cards are absolutely irresistible! Loving how you carried the lemon theme throughout with the card, envelopes and cute bag too. A sweet and thoughtful gift for a lucky someone special!

yyam said...

Awww....super cute! Love the lemon theme. And that pouch makes the whole thing such a great gift!