Saturday, August 14, 2021

Lemonade Girl Cards and Tag

I had leftover Doodlebug Design double -sided cardstock scraps from a previous project (Lemonade Mice Card Set) so I decided to use them up rather than add to my ever-growing scrap pile.  The cardstock had a pretty lemonade print on one side and yellow stripes on the other.
I started by stamping the adorable My Favorite Things Die-namics girl image on marker paper.  I paper pieced on the girl's dress using a matching but miniature version of the lemonade design (from a 6x6 Doodlebug Design pack).  I colored in the image with Copic pens and die cut it out.
Because some of the scrap cardstock paper were more usable horizontally, I decided to make a second card.  On both cards I added a half doily to make the cards more girly and to call attention to the girl's sweetness. Using a Whimsey label die and stamp words from the set, I made a simple label.  The label die cuts both the border and the inner label at the same time so you have lots of options from this die set. 
With the last large printed scrap I decided to make a tag.  I paper pieced the girl's dress with the striped side of the card stock.  Yellow and white twine was added for the tag tie.  For more interest and to cover a tiny ink mark *wink*wink*, I added some yellow sequins.  I am very proud that I used up almost every little bit of the one 12x12 Doodlebug double sided card stock used on these cards, tag, AND the five cards in the lemonade mice card set.  Isn't it amazing how one pretty printed card stock can inspire so many items?  Well, on to more summer crafting before summer turns into fall... LOL!

                                           

 

2 comments:

eunice said...

Wow! I am truly impressed at how you created 3 adorable crafty projects (actually more if you count the mouse ones, right?) from your fun lemonade papers. The stamped image of the cute little girl looks so much like our granddaughter, and I love how you "designed" her dresses and matching shoes... so creative!

Annette Allen said...

This set is so adorable.. very creative