Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Mickey and Minnie Anniversary Card



My husband and I grew up with the Mouseketeers....yes we ARE that OLD! It seemed only fitting that I use my Mickey and Minnie (True Love) die set (purchased from HM BFC) to make an anniversary card for my hubby.  At first I was going to color in the images, but the details were too fine. Then I noticed that the die cut pieces were meant to be cut apart and glued together to form the images. I used black card stock for the base of the figures and cut out separate colors for the clothes and faces.  It was a bit tedious to glue on the pieces (I suggest a glue pen) but I think the result was worth it. The Lawn Fawn 'Say Cheese' die set was used to cut the 'Polaroid' frame.  I wanted to handwrite the 'Happy Anniversary' with a marker pen like how I used to label my Polaroid photos, but after several tries I decided that my handwriting was not pretty so I used my label maker to type out the words. LOL!

You can see from this close up how wonderfully the die cut pieces fit together.  I added acrylic gem hearts between the characters and a bit of gold glitter to Minnie's headband flower.
To make the card even more special, I used Lawn Fawn's 'Say What Masked Critters' and 'Germ Free Bear' stamp and die sets to decorate the back of the card and the front of the envelope. Even though this card took a long time to put together and there were a few 'boo-boos', I am pleased with the result.  I hope my husband enjoys this retro Anniversary card.  As real life Mickey and Minnie characters, we will be celebrating a looooong and happy marriage! (If I tell you how many years it's been, you'll think we got married at 10 years old!) Hahahaha! 
 

1 comment:

eunice said...

Happy Anniversary! I'll bet hubby was tickled to receive this very special labor of love. Your intricate paper piecing looks wonderful... I love Disney but have shied away from the dies because of too many teeny tiny pieces. I especially like your idea framing the adorable couple in a polaroid frame... so cute!