Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hanging Valentine Cards



I purchased the K and Co. Smitten “Happy Valentine’s Day” Hanging Card (Smitten Make-n-Take). The project was a lovely and easy one. I had one problem with the kit; it didn’t have the lace and tiny heart. No, problem…. I just looked in my lace scrap bag and found a piece that was suitable. I put the butterfly sticker where the small heart should have been and moved the tulle bow. If you buy this kit be sure to check that all the parts are in it, but never despair if you need to make substitutions to any project. Changes often result in a better project or new idea. This project has inspired me to make a birthday hanging photo holder card. (Click on photo to enlarge.)
By tracing the original card, I made a second version from K.and Co. double-sided paper (12x12 book) and a single sided 12x12 sheet from the Smitten collection. The hanger was made from pink beads on a wire. Other embellishments were from K. and Co. Smitten Grand Adhesions and banners, Martha Stewart pink and brown ribbon, and a feather. A piece of pink flower lace was added to the top of the pocket. I made the card a single piece (two cardstock hearts glued together for strength) because I didn’t like the way the back of the original card flapped open. If you want to hang this card on a scrapbook page, make the hanger from ribbon and sequins. Don’t fret if you can’t find the kit; just make a 4”x 5” elongated heart as your pattern.
It’s a pleasure to receive fan mail! Thank you so much to Kay Shintani for her compliments about our Hilo store and Craft Newsletter. Knowing that our work is appreciated makes it all worthwhile.

Lynn

No comments: