Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Romantic Reading

Other than craft books and magazines, my relaxation reading leans towards mystery/romance novels. I especially enjoy the Laura Childs series about tea and scrapbooking, and the mystery books by Monica Ferris, which take place in a needlework shop. Maybe it’s just me, but I love having pretty bookmarks to fiddle with while I read. (Click photo to enlarge.) It seemed only natural that I would create a bookmark from the Martha Stewart Valentine ribbon and stickers by K. and Co. (Smitten Grand Adhesions). I placed the end of a 12” piece of “Be Mine” ribbon between two sticker medallions. The other end of the ribbon was positioned at the bottom of the “Forever Yours” dimensional sticker. Next I held a suitable photo up to a light so that the back of the photo was facing me. I press the “Forever Yours” sticker to back of the photo and then cut out the photo. Now I have a pretty new bookmark with a picture of my sweetie and me so I’ll enjoy reading even more! You might want to make a bookmark like this one and tie it onto a Valentine gift (a romance novel?) or include it on a card as a small gift.

Lynn

No comments: