Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Something New

Last week I purchased some great new craft supplies for wool felting. Manufactured by the Clover Company, these new items included felting wool in luscious colors, felting needle tools, and appliqué molds (rose, daisy, etc.). As soon as I got home I started to try out the new craft supplies. Although Ben Franklin Crafts did not have the felting block to work on, I found that a block of Styrofoam worked well as a substitute except for the fact that little bits of Styrofoam have to be picked off the back of the felted item. Anyway I was pleased with my first attempts at felting using the molds. (See the blog photo and website project for a hat card with felted rose.) I think that I might be able to create my own felted items using cookie cutters for molds. The orange daisy is actually a pin eyeglass holder. I used a piece of wire to attach the small side of a figure eight key ring to the pin back (one with holes). Amy in the Mapunapuna Bead Shoppe uses this figure eight key ring to make her angel pin eyeglass holder. I thought it was a great project so I ‘borrowed’ the idea to make this flower pin eyeglass holder.

More later about my shopping and crafting discoveries….
Lynn

No comments: