Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Thank You


Have you written all your thank you cards? Have you made any? Time to start crafting your cards if you haven't done them yet. Here is a sample of the type of cards I made for my thank you notes to all my great family and friends who thought of me this Christmas. I started making the card by stamping Hero Arts Japanese doll designs on a piece of thin wood ( I purchased a sheet from BFC) with Versafine black ink. Then I colored in the design with glaze pens (Sakura) and cut out the dolls. I first traced the dolls with a craft knife and then cut out the wood with a scissors so that the wood wouldn't splinter. You could use tan cardstock if you cannot find a thin wood sheet. Next I coated the front of the dolls with a dimensional glaze (Plaid) and let them dry on a non-stick surface. I stamped the words on torn piece of mulberry paper (Mountain Idea). I put the card together with Merikan tape, gluing the dolls down with Fabritac glue. K and Co. lanterns or butterfly dimensional stickers also look good with the Japanese dolls.

No comments: