Sunday, June 21, 2009

Mini Faux Leather Purse Gift Bags

I made these mini purses awhile ago using the Sizzix purse die cutter. After cutting out the purse shapes and before folding I ran them through Cuttlebug embossing folders. I had to run them through twice to cover the entire die cut purse. Because I used thick cardstock the design was embossed deeply into the die cut making it feel and look like embossed leather. To highlight the design I rubbed metallic creme paint (the type used for stencilling) lightly over the unconstructed purse. Next I folded and taped the purse together and added small pieces of velcro for the closure. Finally I pierced holes at the top sides of the purse for jump rings and attached a chain handle. The pearl sticker was something I bought from a wedding supply shop but a pearl button with the shank removed would work just as well. If you make jewelry for gifts this is the ideal gift bag. You would definitely increase sales if you sold these purses with your jewelry products at craft fairs.

1 comment:

Kris said...

wow Lynn! Those have to be cutest purses ever! Now, i have yet to add this die to my collection, so can a GC fit inside?? This would be a great favor for bridal showers and those girls' day gatherings... And i absolutely agree that it would be perfect for jewelry... I'm so intrigued with the design, it just caught my eyes... Great job Lynn!! and thanks for sharing!