Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Tip of the Day


Okay, here's what I learned today. After you wipe off the tip of a glitter glue bottle or squirt a bit of glitter glue on a paper towel, throw that paper towel AWAY! If you leave it on your table you might use it to clean a rubber stamp and boy, that's a bad idea. Yup, of course you know how I learned this helpful tip today. Oh well, after scrubbing the stamp on a stamp cleaning pad several times it was pretty clean with just a few sparkly places.

As promised, here are two cards (Click on the photo to see the details.) I made using the new Hero Arts Cling and wooden stamp sets. The birthday card is for my sister and although she is not a gaudy person; this card is very glitzy. I guess I just got carried away with all the sparkly Martha Stewart sprinkles. I love the bottles of tinsel glitter and microbeads in Valentine colors that come with a tiny tube of glue. The MS glue pen also works very well for glittering small spaces. My sister loves cupcakes so I thought I should put a giant one on her card. The birthday card used stamps from three different sets, which just seemed to go together. It was fun decorating the cupcake....less tasty than the real thing but not as messy. On the Valentine card the framed stamped words were a bit plain so I add some red glitter on the hearts instead of coloring the whole thing. Imaginisce has so many terrific Valentine papers that I kept changing my mind but finally settled on the heart one because it coordinated with my colored birds without over-powering them. Using the see-through Sizzix heart die made cutting simple because it didn't slide around and I could position it to save paper and cut exactly the part of the design that I wanted. Oh, another thing....see the wide red ribbon on the Valentine card?........that's the Christmas ribbon I bought from the Ben Franklin Crafts clearance aisle! Finally, pop-dots beneath the various paper pieces gives layered interest to the card design. Whew, maybe this is TMI and I should have just shown you the cards. LOL Thanks for stopping by and I hope some of this was interesting or helpful.

1 comment:

kris said...

Wow Lynn!!! these are fabulous!! i love the colors and your layouts are so cute!! Love them both!! hugs, Kris