Thursday, April 5, 2012

Art Nouveau-style Thank You Card

I found this incredible new EK Success punch at Ben Franklin Crafts and I just had to get it. (See bottom photo.) This border punch has a button that when clicked into position shifts the punch from a free border to an attached border. I love this feature! I also purchased a new set of border word stamps from Hero Arts. The scrolls around the word seemed to beg to be paired with the punch border design. Then I spied the new Sizzix die set that had a long label die which fit perfectly around the border stamped images. I heat embossed the stamped words in gold and then cut it out with the die. The dragonfly brads (from my stash) were the perfect Art Nouveau touch to this very swirly, romantic card. Oh the lavender and white fuzzy paper was in my scrap bag of fancy papers. (If you keep your scraps organized by type you will know just where to look for that perfect match.) Sometimes a new toy (uh, tool) will inspire your creations, so keep a lookout for products which can be used in a variety of ways. Shop smart (at BFC) and craft happy everyday!




6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Very pretty card Lynn!!! I haven't gold embossed in a long time but after seeing your card, I think I need to make something. Love that Hero stamp set and matching dies. Have to look for that one. Happy Easter!!!

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow so darn pretty Lynn...
I want that EK punch die too... love that new stamp set too..

Annette Allen said...

WOW this is so gorgeous...I love how you embossed the sentiment and the border punch is amazing too...

Have a wonderful Easter...

Joy said...

Really pretty card, Lynn! I love the dragonflies, what a nice accent!

Happy Easter!

eunice said...

Such a fancy elegant card! I just got me one of these EK success giant border punches too...haven't even opened it to play yet, but didn't know about the attached border/free border feature...wow that's neat! Now you got me inspired to wanting to go play with my "new toy" too!

photo wedding thank you cards said...

Amazing thank you cards, I love the style and its design!