Friday, May 18, 2012

For the Graduate

This year I had two graduation cards to make, one for a medical school graduate and the other for his sister, a graduate from Puget Sound University.  Because I just purchased some local die cut Hawaiian theme designs from Ben Franklin Crafts, I decided the nephew graduating from the UH med school would appreciate a local looking card.  I started by coloring in the center of the white plumerias with orange and yellow chalk.  Next I sprayed Mr. Huey's gold mist on the fern leaves that I cut apart.  Using my Eclips machine and a newly purchased cartridge called 'Basic Shapes', I cut out the label for the words and a shadow to form a border.  I love, love, love the Basic Shape cartridge because it not only has lot of great shapes there are lots of added features you can make with each shape, like borders, shadows, outlines etc. The best part is that I can make dozens of each shape at one time so I always have labels on hand for the next quicky card I have to crank out.  The background for the card is a honu print vellum paper that I purchased from the sale table at Ben Franklin Crafts.....love the bargains!  Inside the card I used extra vellum to form a pocket for the graduation cash.  The stamped words and images are from inexpensive stamp sets I purchased over the years.... now is a.good time to add to your stash of graduation stamps.  Well, time to start on the next graduation card and post it.  Thanks for visiting my blog....please stop back again.....soon!        
           

5 comments:

Annette Allen said...

Congratulations to the Graduates...these cards are fabulous...they will love them...thanks for sharing...

Hope you have a wonderful and fun weekend..

Joy said...

Love your card! I'm sure Brad loved it,too. I have the Basic Shapes cart, too, and the name doesn't do it justice with all the extras.

Creations by Shirl said...

Great local cards... Indeed he will love them.. congrats to the graduate!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Beautiful cards with the Hawaiian touch.

Cheryl said...

Lynn, your card is so pretty! Really a reminder of Hawaii and congrats to your nephew!