Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A 'Smashed' Tea Bag Card

I purchased SMASH (K and Co,) products awhile ago, but never got the crafting urge to use them as I only thought of them for scrapbooking (which always seems like such a daunting task). Recent papercrafting publications have featured Smash items on and in simple do-what-you-want journals and mini books.  I've taken the product to another even simpler use.....cardmaking!
I started this card by die cutting the Studio Calico (Take Note collection) double-sided cardstock with the Sizzix die called Card, Flower Flip-its.  Next I stamped the Hero Arts 'word pop' cling stamp onto the dotted side of the cardstock.  (Please note that this useful dot stamp has two dots on the stamp rubber that can be popped out and fulled in with a small stamp, sticker, initial, etc.....cool huh?)
Next I added the Prima flower and Smash product embellishments including tape, a tab, a sticker, and a pocket.  I stapled on the tab and wrote 'Drink Me' on one side and 'for you' on the other because I filled the pocket on the back of the card with a tea bag.  All the colors and parts seemed to effortlessly go together because they have the vintage look.
All the products used on this card are available at Ben Franklin Crafts (the double-sided  card stock comes in single sheets too) so you can easily get going on your own Smashing card.  I know you're going to love making cards and other crafts using this anything-goes Smash method.  Have fun today...craft something that makes you smile!

6 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow your cards are so fun...I am so loving that fun die cut...so many fun ways to use it...Totally love it...

Hope you are having a fantastic Tuesday..

Creations by Shirl said...

Super pretty card Lynn! that flower is gorgeous on that flip it card..... TFS...
enjoy your day~

Loves Happy Hour said...

This is soooo cute!! I love it!! I'm part of tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com and this week we're having a bloghop on tips and tutorials, as well as an anything goes challenge! There's a bunch of prizes!! Hop on over if you're interested!!


Cheers!
Kelli

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Wow Lynn, you took this card to a whole new level. It turned out gorgeous and I love the colors too. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Cheryl said...

Ooh, I love this! I've been seeing a lot of the smash items at the stores. Your card turned out really nice!

eunice said...

Wowee, Lynn...this card is just the coolest thing ever! I've been very curious about the new "smash" trend, but too intimidated to try it out. You really did a "smashing" job with this card...so many fun things going on! Can't wait to try it too---thanks for the inspiration!