Saturday, August 25, 2012

Anniversary Card

Originally, I was just going to use the 'Thank You' pop-up die to make a generic thank you card, but then I started to wonder if there was anyone who I haven't thanked recently.  The first person who came into my mind was my husband; then I realized we have an anniversary coming up.  When I spied the black and white Studio 112 stickers that had just the right sentiments, I knew that it was a sign that this thank you card would become my anniversary card to my sweetie who always seems to go out of his way to make sure that I am happy and comfortable.  I constructed the card in much the same way that I did the pop-up card in my last post except that I used Authentic double sided card stock.  On the front of the card I was just going to cut out a rectangle from the striped card stock and then I noticed that there was a proverb on the bottom next to the maker's label.  Since the proverb fit the general tone of the card, I included it on the rather casual layout of the card front which includes Studio 112 flower and leaf stickers plus another Authentic card stock.(There is even a secret number in the heart which has significance for our anniversary. I found it by accident within the  measuring tape design on the card stock and it was in just the right spot......serendipity!)  All of the materials and dies used for this card were purchased at Ben Franklin Crafts.  I hope that you will check out the 'cool' craft tools and amazing craft supplies at a BFC store nearest you.  (There are stores on Oahu, Maui, Kauai and the Big Island.)  Thanks for visiting my blog and I hope you find some time to do a little crafting this weekend.

7 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Very pretty Lynn~
tfs!
Hsve a great weekend!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hi Lynn! Love the vintage look on the front of your card. Ohhh, and the floral DP (poppies?) are so cheery and bright. Great card.

Annette Allen said...

Very pretty...love that paper and lovely sentiment...great card.

Cheryl said...

Great vintage pop-up card Lynn! You can create so many different types of cards with that base die. Your husband is really special!

Joy said...

Pretty card, Lynn! I'm sure he'll love it! Congratulations on your anniversary, too!

eunice said...

How sweet! Totally enjoyed reading how this card "serendipitous-ly" transformed into a very meaningful anniversary card for your hubby. Love the cool pop up inside, papers and colors you selected, but most of all, the special personalized elements that make this one of a kind. Happy Anniversary!!!!!

Cami said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your sweet hubby, Lynn! I love this card and vintage-y style. The papers are perfect and he'll be touched to receive this "thank you" card from you as we often times forget to really express our gratitude. Also, I like how you die-cut the word "Thanks" instead of using another die that would leave a border. The sentiment stands out better like this!