Sunday, October 21, 2012

Eeeek!


Our family has an eeeky squeaky LOL Halloween story that not all of us think is funny.  Years ago when our oldest son lived in a very posh condo, he kept complaining about a possible ghost in the unit because things kept moving around mysteriously.  In the end, because most of the movement involved food, he set a trap and he caught a mouse.  (I think it was a RAT, but mouse sounds cuter.)   We still laugh about the incident (except our son who still is insists that it was a mouse), so I decided to kid him a little more I would make a Halloween card for him.
I started with the Dandelion Design Halloween mouse set because the character is so cute and happy running around with the candy.  I stamped the images and words on the inside of the card (made from Marker pen paper available at Ben Franklin Crafts) and colored it with  Copic pens (also from BFC).  I added some candy corn stickers and Stickles.  After the Stickles gel was dry, I smudged on some Ranger Distress Ink (marigold) and copper Tsukineko spray.  For the front of the card I cut out a small section of a cellophane treat bag I purchased from the Celebrations store, tied it with a ribbon, and glued it down.  I adhered some candy corn (some under the bag) and rat (Martha Stewart) stickers from BFC.  Then I smudged the background like I did on the inside of the card.  Finally, I finished the card front with a  hand-drawn squiggly line border.  Do you think my son will find it humorous?  Maybe not....LOL!

5 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Oh that is a cool behind the scene story Lynn... Definitely your son is going to get flash backs when he get's your card... So darn cute....

Cheryl said...

Haha! Cute Lynn! I have several mouse stories of my own so I can relate to what your son went through at his home.
Have a great Sunday!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

LOL, love the story Lynn. I'm sure it wasn't very funny for your son at the time but I think he'll get a good chuckle from your CUTE card.

Joy said...

You're so funny, Lynn! I can see D. looking at the card and laughing, too!

Especially love the inside of the card!

eunice said...

LOL! I always get such a kick out of the funny cards you come up with for your son. This one's a hoot! Very very clever how you did the ripped open bag of Halloween treats and just love the mousie running with the candy corn on the inside!