Monday, August 12, 2013

Butterfly Thank You Card



I'm kind of obsessed with the Sizzix 3D Pop-Up window dies.   I purchased this butterfly one from Ben Franklin Crafts and couldn't wait to roll it through my machine.  (You'll also need the card base die to make this card.)  Probably the most important and hardest part of this project is to choose the right double-sided printed card stock because both sides will show.  My card stock came from a Pebbles pack called Sunny Side.


I used the same butterfly die to cut the sheets of colored vellum and printed vellum to make the extra butterfly wings.  I added the pearls for embellishment but also added extra glue (Fabri-Tac) to the ends of the pearl strand to strengthen the joints of the bigger butterfly. (I think I opened and shut the card too much LOL!) A Dandelion Design stamp was used to make the sign which was stamped with the message.
 To cover up the opening at the seam of the card, I cut a rectangle from two sheets of origami paper and taped them together and onto the the card base.  Washi tape from BFC was added to the card to add color and tie the inside and outside of the card together.
I'm pleased with the outcome of this card and hope that it will please the recipient who recently gifted me with a terrific seasoning mix.  I know that I will use this Butterfly window 3D pop-out die often in the future because it is so adaptable to many occasions.  In fact, I already have an idea for a sweet birthday card for someone who loves butterfly images.  Maybe it's YOU!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors and the pearly accent on the butterfly. Jayne

Annette Allen said...

aww this could not be any cuter.. i love it.. that is so fun

Creations by Shirl said...

Oh how cute, love those fun papers and the cute flutterby.. The image is just perfect, got to love Jean's stamps too.

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hoooo, that's a super fabulous card. The vellum and pearls add a really nice touch. Love the cheery DPs too.

Unknown said...

This is so pretty! LOVE!!!

Unknown said...

ooo I've been debating about the butterfly pop up. Your card is sooo adorable!

Cami said...

I love butterflies and this card is so very pretty. The papers are so sunny and cheerful and the vellum gives it the softness of butterfly wings. Very pretty!

scrapnhawaii said...

Beautiful card and I just love that paper line!! BTW, I just those pearls in the middle seam!!

Cheryl M. Alipio said...

Beautiful card! Love the way you used the vellum and pearls on the butterflies.

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card Lynn! You chose the right papers and colors. So soft and sweet!

eunice said...

Such a sweet card...butterflies are my faves, and I'm so glad you shared this...I think this is the first I've seen of the window PNC with the butterflies. Love the happy colors on your card, and the use of vellum for the butterfly is a fabulous idea!

Shirley N said...

OMGosh, what a beautiful card Lynn! Love your pretty butterflies and papers. TFS these dies, would love to have one too!