Sunday, September 29, 2013

Bo Bunny Halloween Papers to Tags in Minutes

I vowed not to buy Halloween papers this year, but I'm weak.  I caved in and bought a selection of Bo Bunny 12x12 cardstock from Ben Franklin Crafts.  The sheet with the tag shapes immediately appealed to me.  It was simple work to cut them out and attach them to Doodlebug orange sparkle paper.  Cutting out the tag shapes doesn't have to be labor intensive or precise.  It's Halloween so wonky cutting is okay.
After finishing the tags I looked at the backs with the intent to write messages, but alas there was the Doodlebug information (that was on the bottom of the back of the orange sparkle sheet); I had included them inadvertently in the tag. To cover up the Doodlebug words/icon, I glued on some K and Co. die cut pieces (from my stash).  With the yarn scraps and hand-drawn stitching, I think the backs look like I intended the cover-up designs.  Be sure to look for and avoid printing on the back of the sparkle sheet if you don't want to expend extra effort and time on your tags.
I know, if you see these 'cute' spooky 12x12 Bo Bunny Halloween sheets at Ben Franklin Crafts, you won't be able to resist them too.  Now it will be simple for me to attach these tags to plain treat bags and no one will know how easy it was.  Everyone will think I'm a craft wizard.  Halloween is a fun time to craft, so grab some Halloween craft goodies and make yourself/others happy.

Congrats Alert!  Jayne (Handmade Cuties) was the winner of the Bo Bunny clear stamp set (and other goodies).  She was the winner for being the first to leave a comment on my blog post. Good job Jayne!

8 comments:

eva said...

these tags are wonderful for halloween!!

Shirley N said...

I don't always have time to shop so I love it when you show us what's new at the BF stores. Love the Bo Bunny papers, your tags are really cute! Thanks again for more Halloween inspiration, Lynn!

Unknown said...

I love making tags (a quick & easy project when I'm time challenged) and these are great!

Creations by Shirl said...

Spooky cute tags... love it Lynn.... you are on the roll....

Unknown said...

super cute! My will power is not that strong either when I go into BF!

Leanne said...

Great tags Lynn! I know I need to stay away from them too, I got plenty from the last 4 years! haha!
These are terrific!
Have a good week!!
^.^

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Lynn! You are just so kind and generous. I enjoy visiting your blog and love all of your wonderful creations. Your tags are really cute!

yyam said...

Oooooh...these are cute!