Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Autumn Splendor Stand Up Card

 I wanted to do another quick autumn card because...well, Thanksgiving is almost here and I still haven't mailed out my family newsletter that I am intent on sending BEFORE turkey day.  Also I wanted to showcase the new Sizzix stand up card die that I purchased at Ben Franklin Crafts.  It's a great die and features a beautiful curvy pop out top.
To accent the top portion I found two labels on a page in the DCWV Autumn paper pad.  I cut these out and sprayed them with Mister Huey's gold color mist before attaching them to the card. The front label was adhered with pop-dots and the inner one was taped on with Merikan double stick tape.


The impressed  Martha Stewart die cut leaves were rubbed with Metallic Lustre before they were added.

The feathers from BFC were glued down and for a touch of humor I lightly stamped the words, "Gobble, Gobble, Gobble".
Here is a close up of the gold brad that I attached to the gold trimmed woven ribbon (from BFC). To tone down the shine of the brad I rubbed it with the Metallic Lustre...yes, it works on metal too!  Fianlly, I rubbed the inside edges of the card with brownish ink for a vintage look and used the Mister Huey's gold mist here and there for a bit of sparkle.
Since I showed products used on this card in previous blog posts, I just photographed the  Sizzix die, Mister Huey's color mist, and DCWV paper pack.  I hope this post has enticed you to take a look at the amazing new dies now being sold at Ben Franklin Crafts.  They are so simple to use and make card designing a creative pleasure.  Thank you for your interest in my blog. I hope you will be a frequent visitor. Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow...love all details! Happy Thanksgiving.