Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Front and Back Thank You Tags

After winning a bunch of Art Impressions stamps at the CHA show (see previous post), I was excited to try out the sets that had fronts and coordinating backs. At the AI show booth these stamps were combined with doors or windows where you could see the animal or person coming and then going.  I thought these mini stamps would work well with the Paper Smooches dies that I had.  From Emily Leiphart's video (on her blog, Art from the Heart), I learned how to place the long, skinny,scalloped die on first one side of the stamped image and then on the other to form the water or grass.  It is a simple and clever way to form a pocket or cut down on extra parts.
When you turn the tag around you can see the backside of the animals which I think is so funny.  I should have stamped the thank you stamp on a blank rubber stamp and restamped it on the back of the tag to give the reverse image and moved the frog a little to the right so that the back of the tag would really look correct. Oh well, I do think the overall look is interesting.  I did a little better with the monkey tag where I even reversed the 'thanks' die cut.  I plan to write a little message on the water/grass sections.
Dies made these tags a snap to make and they were especially easy because the AI stamps were so small and simple to color.  I know that I will make more of these tags because it's always good to have a supply on hand to add to impromptu gifts. Can you tell that I am still trying to use up my Valentine paper scraps?

4 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Super cute, glad to know that you are trying out different areas in your creations!

Unknown said...

How cute is that front and back image! Super fun tags!

Annette Allen said...

oh my look how cute.. I love how you added the twine.. great job..

Leanne said...

Fun! Those AI images are adorable and so hard to resist. Great share!
^.^