Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Nugget Necklace with Extensions

 This is a necklace that I made several years ago (not sure if I wrote a post about it).  I really like the look of it but the length of the necklace made it difficult to wear with many outfits.
                         The solution was to make extensions with chains, jump rings and hooks.
I think the resulting necklace has more balance and is more wearable because of its length.  Also I can still easily convert the necklace into the original one by simply unhooking the extensions.  I hope this quick fix for lengthening a necklace is something you'll try to double the life of your favorite jewelry.  Happy Crafting!

6 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow this is gorgeous.. love all those stones..

yyam said...

Love how a simple idea can turn a fave necklace into a more versatile piece! :)

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

You never cease to amaze me with your talent. Beautiful necklace and gorgeous stones.

Leanne said...

Paper crafts and jewelry making?! Wow you are amazing!!
This is pretty. The colors of the stones with the silver is beautiful. Way to "MagGyver" the chain. hehehe.
Have a fabulous weekend and thank you so much for the wonderful comments, they will make my head swell!
xoxo
^.^

eunice said...

Great tip for updating your lovely necklace for a new look! This style of necklace (with the long chain in back with beautiful gems and stones in front) seem to be the latest rage in jewelry lately... Love your innovative creativity!

Tammi said...

Great idea! Such a pretty necklace!