Saturday, September 6, 2014

Summer Soda Cap Card

The hot days of summer can really make a cold bottled drink hit the spot.  That refreshing feeling (captured in the 'vintage-look' Hero Arts clear stamp set) plus the papers in the American Crafts 'Shoreline' 6x6 pack and Crate Paper 's 'The Pier' 6x6 paper pad, inspired this card.  As in the card shown in the previous post, I used the Sizzix Life is Simple die set so that this card can be sent to someone who can then put it in her Project Life album (the bottle cap may not fit).
 I didn't tape all around the striped card so photos, tickets, receipts, etc. can be inserted and saved.  I don't know why I could only find a beer bottle cap (heh-heh-heh) to use on this card, but a pretty soda cap would be better.
To raise up the magnet (so it will be flush with the top edge of the cap) I used Martha Stewart clay epoxy (comes in different colors and used to make mold shaped jewelry charms).  A very tiny Sierra Pacific magnet was taped inside the card front and card base.  These magnets are sold at HM Ben Franklin Crafts and are super strong so they can hold the bottle cap magnet onto the card and your refrigerator too!  I like to put a little gift in with my cards and this magnet is just the perfect pretty 'gift' embellishment.
I am pleased with this card so I plan to make more....keep some and send some.  This will be a good start to my Project Life album.  You should consider doing cards like these and swapping them with your crafty friends sort of like the ATC (artist trading cards) which were popular to collect and trade a few years ago. Thanks for visiting today.  Please leave a comment if you have some free time. I really enjoy hearing from you.

5 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

That's a cool card. Oh boy, it brings back memories of my childhood days when soda was sold in those glass bottles. Am I showing my age???? LOL. Have a great weekend Lynn.

Unknown said...

Ooo, I'm liking that Hero Arts stamp set! Love how you paired it with that fabulous paper. I really think soda in a bottle tastes better than in a can and the glass ones were even better. Sweet card and great idea about the trading. I have yet to get into pocket scrapbooking, but just loooove everyone's creations.

eunice said...

NEAT! What a fun project life card...LOL, I like how you paired the sleeping guy photo (your son?)with the fun stamped images and even the beer bottle cap. You are too funny! And once again, thank you for all the great ideas...the clay epoxy in the bottle cap...I'll have to remember that one...and gosh, I wish I knew about those extra strong magnets when I was doing my refrigerator magnets earlier!

Leanne said...

Hi Lynn!!
This is sooo cool! Like everyone else it brings back wonderful childhood memories of having to share with my siblings a nice cold bottle of Pepsi. The small details on your card including the beer bottle cap (funny btw) ties in soo well. Thanks for always sharing new ideas, techniques and products. You're always inspiring!! Thank you! :)

yyam said...

Awesome. Love the idea of putting it in the recipient PL album. :)