Saturday, March 19, 2016

Easter Egg Shaker Tags

 I really like shakers and slowly I've been perfecting my technique so that the confetti doesn't stick to the edges of the card or tag.  The Spellbinders egg die set seemed like a good choice for egg-shaped shaker tags.  First I cut out two egg shapes.  For the top one I used the next smallest size die and cut out an inner opening.  I also cut two egg shaped rings from thin salmon-colored foam (from Ben Franklin Crafts).  After cutting out a large egg shape from a piece of acetate, I glued all the pieces together with Beacon 3 in 1 glue in this order...card stock egg ring, acetate and foam egg rings. Then I filled in the cavity with shaped confetti (purchased from BFC during past Easter seasons).  The final step was to glue on the back card stock egg.
Taj stamps (from Ward Warehouse Taj Clubhouse) images were used for both eggs and the colored egg images were sparkled up with Stickles clear.  This smaller tag was made from the inner pieces that were die cut from the larger tag.  I still can make yet another smaller tag with the leftover inner egg of this smaller tag.
Zig Clean Color brush markers (from BFC) were used to color the images. Don't you just love the little furry chick and duck?  I discovered them at HM Ben Franklin Crafts and couldn't resist getting a couple.  They will look adorable in an Easter basket or on the Easter brunch table,  Hope you are looking forward to a special Easter celebration.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Annette Allen said...

aww these are so sweet.. i love those bunnies.

yyam said...

Oh my...how adorable!!!! LOVE those bunnies!