Thursday, June 16, 2016

Celebrate Your Father's Day Card

 
I was excited to try out some new stamps and dies which have been in my 'treat yourself' bin.  The Avery Elle balloon animal stamps and dies are soooooo cute!  I cut them out of colored vellum and stamped them with black Momento ink. To fill out the balloon bunch, I added some die cut Paper Smooches balloons too. 


 For the inside of the card I used stamps from an adorable My Favorite Things (Cheeky Monkey) set and stamped a Lawn Fawn script sentiment.  To lessen the boring white background I used a Ranger blending tool and some Distress Stain to rub on some blue color.  To make it more child-like (I am of course my husband's bothersome child who never grows up or moves out.) I scribbled on some  blue watercolor pencil marks and smudged them with water.
 I usually die cut words from gold card stock, but my stash is running low and I feel die cutting words wastes card stock.  I came up with a way to get the same effect with little cost.  I simply die cut the words and dab them with gold ink (do only one half at a time so you have something to hold) and then sprinkle it with gold embossing powder.  After heating the word with a heat gun you will have a gold sentiment to glue to your card.  Better than stamping and embossing which can be frustratingly messy, this method allows for the creation of really intricate embossed die cut sentiments.
 
 

 
 Here are the supplies used on this and my next posted card. Note the vellum adhesive sheets from Forever In Time.....they work really well to adhere the balloons without showing through the vellum.
Check back to this site to see a birthday version of this card and the name of a WINNER!
                                    

3 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow your card is so fun.. very creative and cute

yyam said...

Oh my! Super cute! Love that you used coloured vellum! :)

eunice said...

What a SUPER FUN card! Love that you used so many different media to create a fun and whimsical card...you always do whimsy so well! Your embossed diecut words looks fabulous too...gonna have to give that a try!