Thursday, July 14, 2016

Paperclip Gift Card Tags

 I enjoy making unique tags.  They are quicker to create than cards and can serve the double duty of a gift decoration and gift card/message holder (or even a money holder...the frog one may bring good luck for someone going to Las Vegas).  For these tags, I thought it would be fun to include some decorated paperclips.  Whether or not you give money/gift card, the paperclips are just a cute add on.
 I used the Sizzix mini favor bag die to cut the pouch from double-sided card stock (that matched the Dress It Up buttons) (monkey paper- Doodlebug Design, frog paper - Bella BLVD, ice cream - American Crafts)  I also cut a label (the die is from the same set) and stamped it with a Paper Smooches sentiment. After punching a hole on the top of the bag, I attached a ribbon (blue and rainbow ribbon are Heiko and the polka dot one is from American Crafts).  There are lots of styles and sized of paperclips at office supply stores and I simply glued  Dress It Up buttons (shanks snipped off) onto them.  The buttons were from HM Ben Franklin Crafts as was the 527 glue (dries fast and clear).
I can't resist cute buttons so these tags provided a reason for my shopaholic tendencies. Now I just need to find more matching double-sided card stock.....LOL!

2 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ohhh, this is such a cute idea Lynn. Guarantee to put a big smile on the recipients.

Shirley N said...

TFS Lyann, I'm always on the lookout for gift card ideas and who wouldn't love those cute paperclips. I love those sentiments you used, you are so bad for my pocket book, lol.