Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Big Ideas Notebook

This is something I created for my husband's birthday.  He always has 'big ideas' percolating in his brain so I thought he could use another  notebook for jotting down those sometimes fleeting thoughts. (He was the creator of the My Locker program and the Craft Club.)  I started with a plain Studio G lined notebook (2 for $3) and embellished it with stamped (in white ink) Tim Holtz designs on black card stock.  The images were then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  For added interest I added some Tim Holtz metal pieces (spinner, memo pin, and fasteners). Since the spinner and memo pin had to be poked through the cover, I needed to cover up the inside of the notebook cover. (I broke off the fastener arms and glued the button part down.)
I used the coffee cup embosser to make the beige cover page and added the diagrammed coffee cup, thinking of you label, a mini calendar and washi tape.  It was fun and easy creating this notebook.  I plan to make many more using some of the other pretty choices of Studio G notebooks at HM Ben Franklin Crafts. Hope you'll do lots of crafty shopping at BFC in 2017!

1 comment:

eva said...

great idea book! i usually use my kids' old composition books from school because they are always more than half empty! your husband has awesome ideas! i always think about opening a locker but can't get my hubby to agree.