Thursday, October 12, 2017

Halloween 'Treat' Boxes

 Just for a trick, I decide to make the 'treat' in these boxes non-edible.  I started by die cutting Halloween print card stock using the Lawn Fawn card box die available from HM Ben Franklin Crafts. To the top I adhered cut out panels of Authentic paper. A Lawn Fawn 'trick or treat' die was used to cut the script words that were passed through a Xyron sticker maker which made applying them super easy. (Swipe the words with a powder applicator to eliminate stickiness.)
The finished boxes perfectly accommodate about six 3-1/2"x 5" cards with envelopes (Paper Accents from BFC).  I used the Mama Elephant stitched edge rectangle die to cut the cards from watercolor paper.  I sprayed the cards with Tim Holtz Distress Inks and let them dry. This set is for a friend who owns a black cat. I used 3D foam stickers to adhere the stamped die cut (Hero Arts) cats before adding the script words (dies come with the LF box die) cut from Paper Accents gold frosted paper.
This set is a gift for someone who owns two grey cats.  It was fun choosing and placing the cats on each card.  Some of the dye bled through the watercolor paper so I lined each card with a folded sheet of parchment paper which actually makes the cards look more fancy. The script words for these cards were cut from DCWV shimmer paper sold at BFC.
I made a third box but did not fill it with a card set.  Instead, I think I will make some peanut butter fudge and put a candy corn decorated slab of it in the matching box.  How's that for a sweet treat to share?

1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

oh my so totally fabulous.. very creative.. thanks for the inspiration