Wednesday, November 29, 2017

3D Xmas Tree Card

Sometimes when I purchase a package of 12x12 papers, there are a few sheets that are really meant for scrapbooking (which I don't do).  Rather than waste them, I try to incorporate them into my card making.  This 'deer' designed sheet (Paperhouse Christmas Cheer)TOLD me to use it with the 3D Sizzix tree die (from HM Ben Franklin Crafts)!
 The 3D tree that folds flat for mailing can be made with two or three parts glued on. I wanted a fluffier tree so I added three layers of the Authentique card stock.
For the inside of the card ( Bo Bunny Fa La La Holiday Hoot), I incorporated the extra pieces of the 12x12 deer sheet. Because I forgot to cut the Lawn Fawn card holder in the front flap of the card, I cut it into a scrap piece and glued that onto the card. The LF card holder dies (available at HM Ben Franklin Crafts) are a must have for those of us who are indecisive gift givers. Oh yes, the Mambi stickers are a super easy way to add sentiments to any holiday greeting card.  Hope this post has stirred your imagination and excited your crafty fingers to start working on some 'sure to please' handmade creations. 'Tis the season to Craft!

No comments: