Thursday, July 5, 2018

Mini Banana Bread Loaves with Chocolate Filling

We always seem to have overripe bananas, so my mom's banana bread recipe is a favorite go-to one for me.  Sometimes I make muffins because a loaf is really too much to consume at one time.  When I found a Wilton mini loaf pan at HM Ben Franklin Crafts, I knew it would be perfect to make more-than-a-muffin portions.
 There are nine loaf-shaped cavities which can be lined with paper liners (also from HM BFC).  After mixing up the batter, I filled each mini loaf pan half-way, placed pieces of a chocolate bar on top and then added more batter to cover.  One recipe made just the right amount for the nine mini loaves.
The finished pecan chocolate loaves look and smell wonderful.  I think variations of these loaves would make a good three loaf set for Christmas gift giving.  Chocolate cherry, pistachio cranberry or apricot chocolate loaves could be pretty and tasty.
 I have posted my mother's banana bread recipe before but if you missed it, you can leave your email address with your comment and I will send it to you.
Thanks for stopping by to read this post....now it's time for me to enjoy my baking! Yummo!

1 comment:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ohhh, that's a really cool loaf pan. Cute little loaves. Never seen that before. Oh Lynn, I would love to have your mom's recipe. I think you have my email address yah? Thank you, thank you, thank you. Appreciate it.