Saturday, August 10, 2019

Grandson's 1st Birthday Card


Unbelievable as it seems, my identical twin grandsons will be celebrating their first birthday this weekend.  I thought of making one card with twin characters on it but opted for two different cards with forest animals on them because that's the theme of the party. I don't want the twins to have to share even their birthday cards.
 This 3D card base was made using a Lawn Fawn die. The woodgrain print card stock came from a Lawn Fawn 12x12 pack.  The trees and grass were cut using an additional coordinating die set. The animals were from two stamp sets that had matching dies.   Colored watercolor pencils were used because they provide more control and give a child-like coloring book look.
 Here is a top view showing how the card is structured.
The sides of the card have die cut #1s for the first birthday. The back of the card has a die cut Happy Birthday circle where I plan to write the twin's name.
 This is what the card looks like flattened for mailing.  I added a rectangle of printed card stock onto the envelope because I had planned to use the forest animal card stock to make the card but the print was too large so I was determined to use it somewhere...LOL! I hope you enjoyed seeing the birthday card I made for one of my twin grandsons.  Please visit this site again to see the one I made for his brother.

2 comments:

yyam said...

Wow. One already! This is super cute! I love that each of them got a different card. My sister and I aren't even twins but we hated dressing in the same outfits. Worse for her because she has to wear my hand-me-downs too!

eunice said...

This is so adorable, and definitely a keepsake for your grandson. I especially like this Lawn Fawn shadowbox because of its width, giving the forest scene a lot of depth. You are such a sweet and thoughtful gramma, making separate cards for each grandson to treasure.