Thursday, September 19, 2019

Craft Table Clean Up

 I finally got around to cleaning up the paper scraps on my craft table. It didn't take much time but I'm a procrastinator....big time...LOL!  After separating the papers in ziploc bags for prints, solids and hand-dyed pieces, I decided to play a little.  I found a tag punch on my desk...because it wouldn't fit in the overflowing drawer..so I decided to use it.  It made the right size tags and even had a hole punch and eyelet setter.....gosh I didn't know that!  Hahahaha! I glued on buttons (cut off the shanks) to the edible design tags.
   
                                     
For the scraps of hand-dyed papers, I added some Paper Smooches sayings and sequins.  (The ties are some dyed raffia-like twine I purchased from a yarn shop in Japan.)
 I even found some Halloween and Xmas paper scraps in the enormous pile of  too-good-to-throw-away card stock on my cluttered desk.  I guess I haven't cleaned up in a loooong time....LOL!
 There were bits and pieces of twine, ribbon, stickers, and sparkly stuff on my desk so they got stuck on the tags too.
 I also found a mess of envelopes with foxing so they got spattered with Distress Oxide Inks (Tim Holtz) or soaked in watered down Ken Oliver metallic inks. The bottom row of envelopes were decorated with background rubber stamps that were inked up with Distress Oxide inks and stamped on water dampened envelopes then sprayed again. Voila!  Instant eye-catching envelopes that will announce the arrival of some special mail. (Be sure to open the envelope flap before letting the envelopes dry.)  (The Hero Arts words were stamped on some of the tag backs and heat embossed with Nuvo black sparkle powder.)  Most of the supplies can be purchased from HM Ben Franklin Crafts except for the paper scraps....you'll have to make those yourself! 

2 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hi Lynn!!! That's a fabulous way to use your little pieces of DP. Now you have a bunch ready to use for all occasions. They're so colorful. Thank you for the super sweet comment you left on my blog. I've been MIA off and on from blogland lately. Not enough hours in a day. Take care and have a super crafty weekend.

eunice said...

Wowie! That's a whole lotta tags you put together. I'm guilty of having a growing messful of scraps but too lazy to do anything with them. Making tags is a great idea... now all I need is more time in a day to make them!