Sunday, July 12, 2020

Quiche for Dinner


I haven't made quiche in a very long time.  My crust making skills are sad so I avoid baking pies except at Thanksgiving. (Hubby has to have pumpkin pie.)  However, I happened to have just the right amount of leftover ham and asparagus for a quiche and I really love quiche.  The recipe is actually so easy that I don't really measure anything.  I start by making the crust dough, rolling it out between wax paper and fitting it into a glass  pie pan.  I let this refrigerate while I prep the other ingredients.  For this quiche, I used about 3/4 cup chopped cooked asparagus, 3/4 cup chopped cooked ham, 1-1/4 cup of shredded cheese, 3 eggs and 1 -1/2 cup milk plus salt and pepper to taste.  Blend the eggs and milk and set aside.  Put all the other ingredients in the pie crust and pour the egg mixture over everything.  Bake the quiche for about 45 - 55 min. at 350 degrees. The quiche is done when it is slightly brown on top and doesn't jiggle.  Let cool before cutting. Enjoy this easy dinner!
P.S. This time my crust was really good! Big smiles for me!

Crust:
1-1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup cold butter (1 stick)
1/4 cup  or less ice cold water

Blend dry ingredients. Cut in butter with fork or pastry blender and add in ice cold water until mixture is moistened. Gather dough into a ball. Roll out dough between wax paper and transfer to pie pan (remove was paper). Crimp pie crust edge.

2 comments:

eunice said...

YUM! Looks delicious! I remember way back when, when quiche was totally the "in" thing to make and eat. Here's a "meme" I'm sure you recall, "Real Men Don't Eat Quiche"... lol! Thanks for bringing back some sweet memories... I definitely want to give your recipe a try and I'm sure the real man in my house will enjoy it too!

Annette Allen said...

oh yes please.. this look delicious. thanks for sharing.