Saturday, May 29, 2021

Dim Sum Birthday Card

This card is for a no-frills kinda gal so I kept it simple.  My new Mama Elephant dim sum stamp set was a perfect fit.  I started by texturizing the light blue green background with a Sizzix embossing folder.  I think the woven texture looks a bit Asian and reminds me of the woven tops of dim sum steamers. Because the cute dim sum characters were left white, there was very little coloring to do. However, I did have to do a lot of fussy cutting as I don't have the matching die set.
I decided to decorate the inside of the card too.  After a bit of searching, I found my old Lawn Fawn stamp set with the fortune cookie stamp, fortune strip, and chopsticks.
Because I had extra stamped and colored food characters, I decided to make a mini calendar.  (It saves time to stamp and color extra pieces for a later project.  I store them in the stamp package.)  I circled the birthday girl's birthdate.  Yay! I used up another calendar, only a few more to go. *wink*wink*  Hope this post gives you some inspiration for a quick local style card.  See you again....soon! 

 

2 comments:

eunice said...

Omgosh, this has got to be one of the CUTEST birthday cards ever! Your woven texture embossed background was genius, and your matching calendar makes the perfect little gift.

yyam said...

Awww...you make the cutest cards!