Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Easter Shaker Confetti Card with Embossed Bunny Background

After receiving the Simon Says bunny embossing folder, I just HAD to make something with it.  I chose to emboss a piece of pearlescent vellum paper. Even though it doesn't show up well in these photographs it turned out really lovely.  Anyway, I also found some Easter confetti in my stash of goodies so I decided it would be fun to  make another shaker card and let the confetti cascade over the bunny bumps.  As I did on previous shaker cards, I chose to make a full front shaker using a Heiko cello bag (from HM Ben Franklin Crafts, sold in packs of 50?).  I filled a bag with the embossed vellum sheet and confetti.  After taping down the excess of the cello bag, I glued the packet to my printed card stock card blank. (I think the floral print card stock is an Echo Park product.)  Finally, I glued down some ephemera from Doodlebug Designs  and the card was complete. Even though it is a subtle effect, I like how the embossed bunnies cause the confetti to fall gradually. I hope this card encourages you to try embossing folders (HM BFC lots of lovely ones.) to add some interest to your craft projects.




 

No comments: