Sometimes when I see a really small stamp set at HM Ben Franklin Crafts I wonder, "What can be made with just those few tiny stamps?" Usually I think that they could be used as add ons to a bigger card. This time when I saw the 'I Love You Mower' by Lawn Fawn, I thought that it would make a really good anniversary card for my husband who always seems to be in the yard cutting the grass. I started with a long piece of white watercolor paper ( 14" x 3-1/4") and accordian folded it into fourths. Then I stamped on the mouse, mower and words using black waterproof ink. After handdrawing the clouds, I painted in the background using Copic pens. Additional coloring was done on the mouse and mower. This simple card was done in minutes and has a childlike quality (my husband calls me his biggest kid) which really pleases me. I used grey imk to stamp the extra moving mice which livens up the card without adding extra thickness. Since some of the colors soaked through the watercolor paper card, I glued on some solid green card stock to the back of the card. I am super pleased with how this card turned out...it was easy and my husband liked the humor of the mower mouse...aka 'the husband worker mouse'!!!! LOL!
With Love and Sympathy
-
Hi everyone, I haven’t been doing any crafting due to a recent holiday, a
couple of slight health issues, and general life busy-ness! However I
needed a ...
1 day ago


No comments:
Post a Comment