Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Shopping at BFC

The Martha Stewart winter/holiday items have arrived! I love the color palette, mostly pastel pink and aqua. I greedily bought ribbons, punches, wrapping paper, favor and ornament boxes, a card kit and more. There were many wide ribbons, which I really wanted but I settled for pink and aqua with copper foil designs and silver glittered designs. I plan to use them with plain white wrapping paper. The look would be suitable for other occasions as well. Even the pastel wrapping paper with copper designs was purchased for use other than Christmas gifts. Particularly beautiful is the glittered branch card kit. This kit comes with four different card designs (3 of each) with matching envelopes. The designs are all evergreen branches done in a sunprint-style. The subtle designs are well suited for glittering. There are also four vials of glitter and a tube of glue included in the kit. I love the cards I made, and I plan to add a photo ornament to each card. Another adorable Martha Stewart holiday item is the acorn ornament box. There are actually two styles (the other one is a pinecone), which are made of pressed cardboard and designed to be painted and/or glittered. I am planning to decorate the boxes by gluing a mixture of brown flock and copper glitter to the surface. This way the boxes will look natural but with a touch of holiday sparkle. Filling the boxes with a surprise gift or cash will make them even more special. I also purchased the gingerbread favor boxes, cookie envelopes, and cupcake liners. The envelopes and liners I’m saving for Valentine goodies because they are red, white, and pink. I think I will add white dimensional paint and plastic candy or beads to the favor boxes to make them look more like candy houses before using them to house small gifts. Finally, I bought two paper punches (even though I wanted more), the dove and deer. I used them to make quick tags. (See photo.) Well, that’s it for today….I’ll write more about my purchases and projects later.

Lynn

No comments: