Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Oops! I Almost Forgot

I realized yesterday that one of our nieces has a birthday coming up and I needed to make a card/gift fast. Looking around my craft room I spied a 12 x12 Deja-Views sheet that is cleverly designed to make a mini-album. I decided to make the album and decorate only the cover so that my niece would have the fun of embellishing the inside pages. By putting a jelly Happy Birthday sticker and a ‘14’ (her age) sticker (made by rubber stamping matching paper and running it through the Xyron machine), I made the mini-album into a birthday card. I added a vellum pocket for a cash gift and included embellishments (some came with the gatefold page). The gift/card was a success mostly because I was able to find a ribbon (Elements) and an ink color (Versa Magic, persimmon) that perfectly matched the colors of the Fresh Print Deja Views 12 x12 gatefold album paper. Having the right supplies means that you can make the right design choices for your project and that you have to shop often at Ben Franklin Crafts!

See you at the store,
Lynn

No comments: