Tuesday, December 4, 2007

December already?

Wow, where did November go? Time to put away the autumn leaves and take out the snowflakes. On Sunday I had 10 minutes to pop into the Mapunapuna BFC and was inspired by a Dreamweaver snowflake stencil. This silver metal stencil is the perfect size for a standard size card and has randomly spaced assorted snowflakes. By applying white embossing paste, (also by Dreamweaver), I was able to achieve a look similar to a fondant-covered cake with royal icing. Adding Martha Stewart white glitter to the paste snowflakes before they dried gave them just the right sugar like sparkle. I think the embossing paste doesn’t discolor the new, silver-colored stencils, so you can do multiple cards without washing the stencil in between cards. The card with the Happy Holidays ribbon (American Crafts) is a really simple card, which would make it ideal for multiple mailings. The tag and the other card were made because I smudged the paste snowflakes by not pulling the stencil straight up off the card. I didn’t want to discard the perfect snowflakes so I tore off the good parts. The Celebrate the Wonder rubber stamp is from Stampendous as is the clear stamp, winter wishes. Both were stamped on with Martha Stewart silver ink and embossed with Stampendous stardust transparent powder. The plastic snowflake and vellum with sparkles were from my craft stash but should be easy to find at Ben Franklin. Oh, the light and fluffy snow-like yarn on the tag is Polarspun (Lion brand). I hope that you are having as much fun as I am, playing with my Christmas craft supplies. I know the season will speed by and I will soon have to put all the pine trees, snowmen, Santas, and snowflakes away for another year…so enjoy this time of crafting and giving.

Lynn

No comments: