Thursday, December 13, 2007

Hawaiian Snowflakes

I just sent off some Hawaiian snowflakes (a.k.a. gingerbread snowflake cookies) to my sister. Originally, I had planned to just wrap her gifts in wrapping paper with a snowflake design, but then I found a beautiful wide turquoise satin ribbon (Martha Stewart) printed with white snowflakes. I especially like the quality of the Martha Stewart satin ribbons because they are so luscious that I only need to tie one big bow and the gift looks spectacular. Anyway, I wrapped the gifts in Martha Stewart snowflake paper and white embossed paper I already had. Next I simply tied everything together with the extra wide satin snowflake ribbon. For a tag I folded a thin white cardstock and put the fold along the top edge of the Sizzix snowflake ornament die cutter and rolled it into the Big Shot. By doing this, I made a large snowflake folded tag. I glittered the front of the tag with silver glitter and tied it onto my snowflake package with fluffy white yarn. (see photo) There are several ornament die cutters by Sizzix, which fit into the Big Shot and make gorgeous paper ornaments. At 40% off I couldn’t resist buying several. You’d better hurry before they run out or go off sale. Oh, the giant Martha Stewart snowflake cookie cutters were on sale at Macy’s, but they may not have any left by now. I love Christmas sales! Bargains galore!

Lynn

No comments: