Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010

It was a quiet day and I didn't even cook anything special....no desserts....maybe that's better for heart day! I did craft one last card. (Click on photo to enlarge it.) I cut out out the cupcakes from leftover wrapping paper (recycle, please) and ran them through the Xyron sticker maker and stuck them on a white card that slips into the red striped card. There are lots of cupcake stickers that could be used and embellished lavishly. The card blank was a pre-made one from long ago but should be easy to replicate. I used an EK Success edge puncher to make the white card prettier. Next I used a clipper to cut a Valentine plant marker (bouquet message holder?) (from Ben Franklin Crafts) to the length of the card. I sanded the rough end of the marker and tied a ribbon to it. Besides being decorative, the plastic piece can be used as a bookmark by the card recipient. I hope you'll try to make a card like this using other themed plant markers (St. Patrick's Day, Spring or Easter) Even though it's Valentine's Day evening I want to wish all of you a Happy Heart Year!

Oh the shipment of K and Co. Valentine items arrived late but they were so cute I had to show you the paper and stickers, plus I found some new Dress It Up Valentine buttons, Jolee cupcake stickers, and some fabulous American Crafts 6x6 albums (perfect for storing my finished Valentine cards). You might be wondering why I'm still stocking up on Valentine stuff now......to get a jump on next year of course! I plan to check out BFC to see if any of it goes on clearance after Valentine's Day.........see you there!

No comments: