Monday, March 29, 2010

Easy Easter Cards

I was shopping for Easter punches and rubber stamps when I was told that I was getting a late start. It wasn't until I got home and looked at a calendar that I realized that Easter is on April 4th this year! Oh my, I guess all my traveling made me lose track of the date. I suppose I'll have to save some of my Easter craft supplies for next year. LOL These two cards were made using Studio G blank cut out cards. I love how the bunny one turned out because it reminds me of a cake I ate as a child......it was pink with a creamy center and covered with coconut.....called, 'snowball'? Anyway, I ran the pink bunny card through the Xyron machine and then stuck on a blue metallic dewdrop (could be a button) for an eye. Then I covered the bunny with white Flower Soft, the new embellishment sold at Ben Franklin Crafts. A fancy satin ribbon finishes the look of a yummy bunny cake card. I started the egg card by applying different widths of Merikan tape and covering the sticky surface with various Flower Soft colors. Next I added lines of MS glitter glue and sprinkled them with the new Martha Stewart iridescent tinsel glitter. Finally, I punched out strips of grass with rabbits and grass with tulips using the MS border punches. I added a bit of glitter to the rabbit and tulips and glued the strips to the egg. The gaps on the egg were filled in with green Flower Soft. Even though the egg card is really gaudy, (LOL) I like the texture, especially the punched strips because they pop out. I think I'll try making one with more glitter and using softer colors. Children would really love making or receiving this card. Probably the Studio G card blanks are sold out by now, but you could easily construct them yourself or make other shapes. A chick covered in yellow Flower Soft might be really cute. I think I'll go make one now. An e-mail blast will be sent out on March 31st to craft club members informing them of an upcoming contest. Check this blog for more information about our Easter contest.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

That flower soft is so pretty. It actually looks glittery too. I'll have to get some next time I'm at the store.