Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Belated Happy Birthday Card




I felt so bad about missing my niece's birthday that I had to make her an extra special handmade one. I know that this card seems inappropriate for an eighteen year old, but my niece has a very colorful personality which is why I designed this card for her. It has the same format as the thank you one I made for my sister. (I just learned that Joy, host of the Joy of Crafting show (OC 16 Sundays at 6:30PM), will be showing a similar card format on a future TV episode so now I don't have to draw a diagram which is so tedious to do.) This one has a vellum envelope attached to hold birthday money. All the stamps used on this card are Hero Arts ones (birthday gift, girl with a gift, and special day words). The cute puffy flowers are Darice products and the others are FloraDoodles. The Happy Birthday words on the bottom of the card are punched out using the Martha Stewart punch. Sorry, to be so late in remembering your birthday, Dawn. Thank you to all who stopped by to read this post today. I hope you found it informative and that it encourages you to visit again in the near future.





2 comments:

Janis said...

I love this card. The color combos are so sweet. I'm sure that your niece will love it!!

Cheryl said...

Great to see all the Hero stamps on your card! I love all the bright colors. Your niece will love this card with all your personal touches on it.