Monday, January 24, 2011

Sweet Cards

Since I had all my new Valentine papers and embellishment out, I decided to make my last thank you note using some of the new sweetheart stuff. I cut a 12x12 pink cardstock in half to make two 6x6 blank cards. On the left side of each card I adhered a wide strip of printed Little Yellow Bicycle paper. Next I embossed a piece of red cardstock with a Valentine embossing folder (see bottom photo). Cut panels of this embossed cardstock were taped to the right side of the card. With a heart shaped thin Spellbinder die I cut hearts from pink cardstock with glitter dots. For the thank you card a TAJ cupcake bear stamp was used to create the cut-out and a Tim Holtz On the Edge Sizzix die was used to cut a scroll edge from white glittered cardstock. The character on the Valentine card was made by coloring and cutting out a CC design stamp called Cuppie. The embellishments with words on both cards were from the K and Co. packages of die cut papers. The frosting on the bear's cupcake is Flower Soft and the metallic 'candies' are a new smaller size of Sierra Pacific crystals found in the Ben Franklin Crafts floral department. The bottom photo shows most of the products used on these cards. I am happy that I finally finished and mailed off my last thank you note. Because the gift given to me included a Coach cupcake key ring I thought that the thank you card was appropriate even though it had Valentine images. I was very pleased with my first Valentine card of 2011 because it seems to convey my feelings about Valentine's Day...the hope that someone will tell you that you are special. Make a card today for someone you love. It will make both of you happy.








3 comments:

Shirley N said...

Your cards are sweet, Lynn! Looks like I'll be needing some of those products too!

Linda said...

very cute cards!

Cheryl said...

OMG! So adorable! Great use of the products you bought!