Sunday, January 30, 2011

Happy Year of the Rabbit!


This is my husband's Year of the Rabbit so I was pleased to find some colorful Chinese New Year products in Ben Franklin Crafts. I also discovered a great Sizzix die for a Chinese take-out box. The die is for the Pro machine so it takes a 12x12 cardstock sheet for each box. I chose paper from a K and Co. cardstock designer specialty pad which seemed to have just the right Asian look and colors. If you need to make lots of boxes for party favors, I would suggest cutting them from plain red cardstock and then hand stamping an Asian design all over with gold ink. I put some raffia in the box ( fake noodles) added the pencils for chopsticks and the other items as the food. (See packaged products in bottom photo.) You could include some real fortune cookies. Even if you're not having a Chinese New Year party, this simple favor would be great for a retirement or birthday party. Remember, if you don't own a Sizzix Pro Machine, you can borrow the Ben Franklin Crafts die cutting machine if you buy your paper from the store. Happy Chinese New Year!




2 comments:

Shirley N said...

What a great idea, I know just the people to give this to who'll be celebrating Chinese New Year! Thanks for the inspiration Lynn!

Cheryl said...

Great idea Lynn! This is one of the dies that I need to purchase. Great box for holding goodies.