Wednesday, February 2, 2011

ValentineTreat Boxes

Valentine's Day seems to bring out the urge to make treat boxes. These days my waistline would appreciate a box of embellishments more than brownies, but I must say this box is just the right size for a single luscious brownie square. I started with a half sheet of cardstock from the Valentine K and Co. Designer Paper pad. Using the Sizzix die in the photo made making the box with the shaker top a cinch to make. All I had to do was tape acetate behind the opening, line the opening with foam tape, fill the window with Martha Stewart glitter and teeny no hole beads, and affix a piece of cardstock behind the window. A bow with long ties on the top of the box and a large heart brad on the front form the simple closure.

This second treat holder was also a quickie. I reversed the other half of the 12x12 cardstock and used the other Sizzix die to cut the bag with a tab. After I assembled the bag I decided that I wanted to cut a window to reveal the treat. Of course it would have been easier to use the anywhere Martha Stewart Valentine punch before I taped the bag together (LOL) but it wasn't too hard to place the bottom of the punch in the bag (put something flat like a spool of jewelry wire under the punch) and attach the magnetic top half of the punch. Finally, a Dress It Up button was attached to the bow using a piece of wire and then it was glued to the treat bag. If you need lots of treat holders but you don't have lots of time, these two die cut ones are your easy solution. Remember: If you purchase cardstock from Ben Franklin Crafts, you can use their machine and dies. Now isn't that a treat!

2 comments:

ShaniKulani said...

sweet boxes! love that martha punch..got get me some :) TFS

Cheryl said...

Love that heart punch! I have the other one but this one looks like one that I need too.