Saturday, February 12, 2011

Pop-Up Valentine Cookie Card

I bought the Martha Stewart package of heart-shaped treat holders and thought they might come in handy if I should run out of time to make them from scratch and then I had an idea. What if I put them on a card, filled them with one special hand-decorated Valentine cookie, and delivered them by hand?


Then I remembered I had a Sizzix pop-up Valentine die that was just begging to be used. The paper pop-up seemed rather complicated, but it wasn't because the instructions are right in the box. It does look impressive when it is finished. I think I'll send it to my son in college and not tell him how I made it. That will make him think I'm a paper genius.

Some of the supplies used for this card are featured in the bottom photo. It really is easier than it looks. Give it a try. I'm sure you'll be pleased. Happy Valentine's Day!





3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Your pop-up card turned out really nice! You're really making good use of that paper pad from K & Co. Your son will love that Valentine card from you. Have a great weekend!!!

Shirley N said...

How beautiful Lynn, looks like a Hallmark! Bet your son would love to give it to his girlfriend! Happy Heart Day!

Cami said...

How cute is this pop-up card, Lynn! That's so sweet of you to send this off to you son, and yes, he will think his Mom is a great paper engineer! Great papers you worked with. Gotta love K & Co.
Hugs, Cami