Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Belated Birthday Card

I had planned to make an elaborate !st Birthday card but as usual time moved on but I didn't. I knew I wandted to make a girly girl card and so I purchased one of the Sister Stamps (available now at Ben Franklin Crafts) because I thought it would give the card a local look. The day before I started this card, Cheryl (Life is Sweet - http://pinkydots.blogspot.com/) sent me a 'magic' card. (She will be doing a demo of this type of card at the Pearl City BFC paper party next month.) I've always been intrigued with the mechanics of 'magic color' cards, so I inspected Cheryl's card. It took me awhile, but I figured it out without (LOL) taking Cheryl's card apart. Since I was already late with the card, I kept it simple by just attaching the sliding envelope to a printed cardstock (Best Creation Inc.) card. Copic markers (sold at Ben Franklin Crafts) were used to color the image. The addition of a ribbon, rose, and Martha Stewart cardstock Birthday banner completed the card. For a first time and without instructions, I am fairly pleased with the results. Oh, one thing I would do to improve the card would be to use a stiffer acetate piece so it would be easier to slide the image in and out. Well, that's it for today. Happy Birthday Nykki !



6 comments:

Shirley N said...

Oh wow, how'd you do that--guess that's why they call it a magic card? Pretty neat Lynn, great birthday card!

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow, what a great pull up card..
Very nitto!

Michele said...

Wow! Love this magic card! How awesome that you put it together without instructions! I would need step by step instructions for something like this! Great job!

kris said...

That is sooooo cool!! Fantastic birthday card! the lucky girl who gets this will LOVE it!

Cheryl said...

You're amazing that you figured it out without instructions! It turned out so cute too! I bought all my supplies from the Paa St store yesterday and now I need to start working on it.

leilei said...

wow, thats cool! i love it, i shall write that down on my very long list of things to learn!!! :)